The Small and Mid-Sized Business (SMB) and Business to Consumer (B2C) Marketplaces Technology Team in Wholesale Payments is focused on providing innovative banking solutions that will accelerate financial digitization and facilitate the growth and operational efficiency of small businesses, marketplaces and gig economies as well as serve as a catalyst for the financial recovery and growth of small and medium businesses globally. JP Morgan Chase processes trillions of dollars a day and settles some of the most critical global financial transactions.
The Software Engineering Lead for APIs you will be the driving force in the delivery of JPMorgan's Wholesale Banking APIs. You will work with the product, sales and engineering community to define the catalog of APIs that are the developer interface into JPMorgan Wholesale Banking. You will identify, design and implement the tools, platforms and methods necessary to support customers. You will work collaboratively to deliver a meaningful and comprehensive developer experience that includes developer portal, CI/CD tools, customer test sandboxes and shared services that support the community of developers. As a Software Engineering Lead, you will set the technical direction for the team and products it builds. You will ensure the quality of the code and operational characteristics of the system meet the needs of the business. You will mentor and lead a team of developers both technically and through their career journey.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
What we do everyday matters to the individuals, small businesses and companies that we serve.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Significant experience working as a hands-on Software Engineering Lead
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
* Can lead Agile feature teams
* Working closely with analysts, testers and key business partners for effective delivery and testing
* Providing guidance to feature teams while breaking down complex stories into well understood and achievable tasks
* Design, develop, code, test, debug and document applications to satisfy requirements
* Produce high quality code utilizing Test Driven Development techniques
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Ability to lead a global team and interact with business users and senior management
* Proficiency in Java, Python, Go, frameworks, database and ETL tools
Tech Stack and Essential skills:
* REST or RPC, microservice based architectures
* Cloud platform experience including AWS, GCP or Azure
* Experience in multiple languages including Java, Python or Go
* JSON, JS
* 12 factor build
* SQL/relational datamodels with experience in Cassandra, Cockroach and noSQL structure a plus
* CI/CD - Git, Jenkins, Pipelines
Desirable (but not essential):
* Gogle Apigee, AEM (Content Management), Kafka, AMPs, HAProxy, Grafana, Prometheus, Geneos, Kibana, Dynatrace, Jaeger, OpenTelemetry, Zipkin, Sleuth, Splunk, Groovy, Gemfire, Hazelcast, GoldenGate or other replication
* BA / BSC
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.