At the core of T-Mobile's successful Un-carrier disruption of the wireless industry is a nationwide network, award-winning customer service, and a multifaceted group of software developers. T-Mobile's Product & Technology (P&T) organization is looking for team members who are passionate about mobile development and are interested in full stack development!
T-Mobile is consistently rated one of the top places to work in the United States with solid company performance year over year. Our dev practices are founded on open collaboration between customers and teams, with an emphasis on community. Our newest software products are built using modern dev languages, runtimes, and frameworks such as TypeScript, Angular, React, NodeJS, Golang, and Python. We're modernizing our architectures to replace Java monoliths with resilient microservices, elegant APIs, and beautiful front ends. Some opportunities include the latest technology shaping our world, including IoT, machine learning, and augmented reality. Most importantly, P&T empowers software teams with the tools, resources, and autonomy they need to deliver amazing experiences for our customers and other employees.
As a software engineer in the P&T organization, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Craft reliable and performant software products and features in a variety of popular software languages
- Build data persistence solutions for software products, with the chance to work with and learn multiple data stores (including Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra) as well as event streaming platforms (including RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS)
- Lead the end-to-end solution with the team, from unit tests to CI/CD pipelines to deployments to monitoring and security.
- Go broad AND deep: work on front-ends and back-ends, automate tests and infrastructure, build CI/CD pipelines
- Not just write code, but learn how to deliver your code to production and explore extending your skills into site and system reliability areas of focus!
- Learn and help others learn modern practices such as test-driven development, pair programming, automation, async communication, and more
- Contribute to and learn patterns to build reliable n-tier architectures
- Sharpen your skills by getting hands on with your team at all levels of the stack - and all parts of the process
- Grow your skills as an engineer by collaborating with peers in an organization that defaults to InnerSource development principles.
- 3+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Ability to learn or existing familiarity with Git-based source code management systems (UI and/or CLI); Runtimes and UI frameworks including NodeJS, React, and/or Angular; Containerization (Docker); Microservices architecture, RESTFUL APIs, and GraphQL; Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and PaaS (PCF - Cloud Foundry)
- Ability to complete a pair programming session with a senior developer as guide and mentor
- Self-driven and able to work well with a team.
- Willingness to become part of our team of experts supporting our customers with the technology that keeps them connected. Education:Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent education and work experience required.
- May require up to 20% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to the Bellevue Headquarters.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pre-employment background screen
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.