With us, consumers can compare and book trains, buses, and flights to anywhere in Europe with one simple search on their mobile, tablet, or desktop. We have over 850 European transportation partners across 15 countries. We are one of Europe’s fastest-growing travel companies and we're backed by over 27 million monthly users and the world’s leading tech investors.
Omio is looking for a DevOps Software Engineer with a special interest in solving infrastructure problems. You have 2-4 years of experience in the field. You are passionate about the new era of cloud-native solutions (think Kubernetes and GCP). You have a keen interest in low-level system concepts: Unix, networking, protocols, load balancers, etc. You like solving Ops problems by writing code and you embrace the concept of infrastructure as code. You will help us scale out our infrastructure and operations in a decentralized environment as well as deploying new services for internal customers.
We are a team that supports developers in their software development cycle. We focus on building useful tooling across the whole organization by defining clear boundaries on the usage and expectations. Our approach to solving problems is contract first, tooling second. For more information check out our blog post.
What you will do:
- Design, build, and operate Omio’s cloud infrastructure and make sure it scales out further from our current 500+ microservices.
- Build tools that make our developers work better.
- Proactively maintain current services: monitoring, logging, A/B testing infrastructure, Kubernetes, CI/CD, etc.
- Take periodic on-call shifts for the infrastructure we maintain.
- Support developers on questions/problems regarding our current services.
- Be a communicator to the whole tech organization of the changes that we introduce: new workflows, deprecations, ongoing incidents, etc.
Our technology stack is ever-evolving, here are some parts of it:
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and a bit of AWS.
- Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes GKE.
- Integrations with Kubernetes API: template rendering, authorization, validation, event watchers, etc.
- Fully automated CI/CD on the scale of 500 microservices.
- Logs stack on ELK.
- Monitoring with Graphite stack.
- TCP/HTTP Load Balancing and Proxying with HAProxy and Nginx.
- CouchBase, MySQL, Cassandra.
- Wasabi - A/B Testing Platform.
If you like coding infrastructure and you are attached to a large scale, high-performance web systems, please have a look at our requirements:
- You have troubleshooting skills. You can look at a problem from different angles and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig into the unknown.
- You are comfortable doing operational work that’s not automated in the beginning, but you proactively look for ways to unload the burden through automation and identify the point where efforts on automation stop bringing value.
- Knowledge/experience with containers systems and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge and experience with Unix systems.
- Software skills. Ability to write API integrations using best software practices: unit tests, design patterns (when needed), e2e tests, stubbing and mocking, embrace 12 factor app methodology, etc.
- Operational experience with one of these databases is a plus: Cassandra, CouchBase, and Elasticsearch.
- Solid spoken and written English.
- Play a major role in developing large-scale software infrastructure in a truly outstanding company.
- Very talented people within the organization that can mentor and inspire you.
- Contribute to the development of a unique, quickly growing travel product for millions of users.
- A challenging job with an attractive compensation package.
- Everyday opportunities to learn, grow, and develop.
- A diverse team of over 40 nationalities.
Here at Omio, we know that no two people are alike, and that’s a great thing. Diversity in culture thought and background has been key to growing our product beyond borders to reach millions of users from all over the world. That’s why we believe in giving equal opportunity to all, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability.